We all know that a well-placed mirror is an easy way to convert a bedroom, making it appear more open and bright by bouncing sunlight. But hanging a wall mirror can be daunting and, if you don’t do it the right way, it can be very dangerous. So next, I’ll tell you what’s the best way to hang a large mirror on drywall.
You will need to
- Wall screws
- Measuring tape
- Boring machine
- The safest way to hang heavy objects on drywall is to install them on top of the wall studs, that is, the vertical pieces of wood to which the drywall is attached.
- If you just bought a mirror, you will likely see that information on the box or on the seller’s website; otherwise, you will have to weigh it to determine the size of the wall screw you will need.
- Flip the mirror over and see if it has a hook to hang it on. If not, you will have to attach it yourself.
Hang a wall mirror step by step
- If you are going to hang the wall mirror on a cabinet, measure the width of the cabinet to determine where the center of the mirror will be.
- Hold the mirror and rest it on the wall and make a pencil mark on the top edge of the item.
- Flip the mirror over and measure the distance between the hook and the top of the mirror and make a mark under the previous mark to determine where the screw will go.
- Place the screw on the wall directly on the stud with the help of the drilling machine.
- Hang the mirror and adjust it until it is well centered.
The mirror will be well attached and ready to give life to the wall and the whole environment.